Apple in July 2021 started providing beta firmware for the AirPods Professional, with the software program out there for Apple Developer program members.
AirPods Professional firmware betas are restricted to builders and are fairly tough to put in, with an set up information out there under.
Be aware: Putting in the firmware in an unauthorized means can put the AirPods Professional into an unusable state that necessitates an out-of-warranty restore, so non-developers mustn’t try to put in the software program.
Set up the AirPods Professional Firmware Profile on iPhone
- In your iPhone, go to the Apple Developer web site, log in, and navigate to the downloads part.
- Faucet on the carrot within the higher proper nook after which faucet on “Extra.”
- Scroll all the way down to “AirPods Professional beta” and faucet on “View Particulars.”
- Faucet on the iOSAirPodsProSeed.mobileconfig configuration profile.
- Faucet on “Enable” to put in it, and choose the iPhone.
- Open up the Settings app and faucet on “Profile Downloaded,” then faucet on “Set up” and enter your passcode.
- Faucet on “Set up” once more then faucet on “Executed.”
Join AirPods Professional to iPhone
- With the AirPods Professional close to the iPhone, open up the AirPods Professional case.
- The AirPods Professional ought to pair routinely to the iPhone.
Use Xcode to Enable AirPods Professional to Obtain Beta Software program
- Ensure you have the newest beta model of Xcode put in. It may be downloaded from the Apple Developer web site.
- After putting in the AirPods Professional firmware configuration profile after which connecting the AirPods Professional to the iPhone, join the iPhone to a Mac with the suitable USB to Lightning cable.
- Launch the Xcode beta app. You do not truly must do something with the Xcode app past opening it up.
- On the iPhone, open up the Settings app, faucet on the Developer part, and select Pre-Launch Beta Firmware.
- Find the AirPods Professional within the record of paired units.
- Faucet to activate automated beta software program updates for the suitable AirPods Professional within the record.
Set up the Beta Firmware
After tapping to activate software program updates, faucet on “Agree” to comply with Apple’s Authorized Consent type. From there, your AirPods Professional can be able to obtain the firmware.
Firmware set up is not automated and it will probably take as much as 24 hours for the beta firmware to be put in on AirPods Professional after opting in.
To get the firmware to put in, Apple says that the AirPods ought to be related to the iPhone after which the case hinge ought to be closed to set off the replace.
You may test to see in case your AirPods Professional have been up to date with the brand new firmware by connecting them, tapping into the “Bluetooth” part of the Settings app and tapping on the “i” button. The quantity underneath model will let you recognize which replace you’ve gotten put in.
Eradicating AirPods Professional Firmware
- Open up the Settings app.
- Faucet on Normal.
- Faucet on “Profiles & System Administration.”
- Faucet “AirPods Professional Firmware Profile.”
- Faucet “Take away Profile.”
When you uninstall the profile, the AirPods Professional is not going to obtain new beta software program updates, however will proceed to have beta software program put in till the subsequent launch of nonbeta software program is offered.
AirPods Firmware Warnings
After putting in beta firmware on the AirPods Professional, there isn’t any method to downgrade to a launch model of the firmware.
Apple says that after the AirPods Professional firmware has been put in, it is essential to not put un-updated earbuds into the charging case as a result of they could be up to date with the firmware.
As talked about above, Apple additionally warns that making an attempt to put in the AirPods Professional firmware in an unauthorized method might put the AirPods in an unusable state, which might necessitate an out-of-warranty restore.