You are about to provide your iPhone’s ($600 at Best Buy) boring default house display a reboot. Or perhaps you simply obtained a brand new . Customization has by no means been Apple’s factor, however the lastly makes it attainable to mess around along with your interface, from the scale and colour of your icons to a wallpaper that may tie into the entire theme. (And listed below are the .) Creating an , however you have to observe just a few steps to make it occur, with assistance from two apps.
After that, you possibly can go bananas attempting out totally different themes and perfecting the appear and feel.
Learn on and we’ll present you the right way to customise the way in which your iPhone’s house display icons look, give them fully totally different names and alter their dimension and colour — with out rooting or jail-breaking your iPhone or working skins and launchers. Prepared? Let’s start.
Learn how to change the way in which your app icons look on iPhone
The brand new iOS 14 replace lastly helps you to customise apps to your liking. This is how.
1. Open the Shortcuts app in your iPhone (it is already preinstalled).
2. Faucet the plus icon within the high proper nook.
3. Choose Add Motion.
4. Within the search bar, kind Open app and choose the Open App app.
5. Faucet Select and choose the app you need to customise. For instance, Fb, Spotify or the Messages app.
6. Faucet the three dots within the higher proper nook. From right here, give the shortcut a reputation and faucet Add to House Display screen.
7. The place it says House Display screen Identify and Icon, rename the shortcut to something you want.
8. Subsequent, go to the Safari app to discover a new icon picture. You possibly can seek for one thing just like the Fb icon aesthetic. If you discover a picture you want, put it aside to your photographs.
9. Return to the Shortcuts app and faucet the present icon. Choose Select Picture and faucet on the picture you simply saved. You possibly can zoom in or out on the picture. Faucet Select.
10. Faucet Add.
Now you will have custom-made apps in your cellphone. The unique apps will stay on the cellphone, however you possibly can retailer them in a folder.
Change your iPhone house display design utilizing the Widgetsmith app
You not have to take a look at rows of apps in your iPhone anymore. This is the right way to change up your private home display view utilizing an app.
1. Obtain the Widgetsmith app in your iPhone.
2. Within the app, choose the scale of the widget you’d wish to customise — your choices are small, medium and enormous.
3. Faucet the widget to customise it. You possibly can change the font and colours. Faucet Save while you’re completed.
4. Go to your private home display and maintain and press down on an app. Faucet Edit House Display screen.
5. Faucet the plus icon within the high left nook and seek for Widgetsmith. Faucet the icon.
6. Choose the widget dimension you want so as to add to your private home display and faucet Add Widget.
7. You possibly can change the widget by urgent down on the app and deciding on Edit Widget. That is all! Now your private home display has totally different sized icons for a custom-made look.
Observe that presently, you possibly can solely customise the next apps: Climate (with a premium subscription), Calendar, World Time, Reminders, Well being, Astronomy, Tides (with a premium subscription) and Pictures.
Need to know extra concerning the new iOS 14.Four replace? Try(the brand new widget in your iPhone) and . Additionally, check out and these .