Alexa’s nice, female voice has stuffed the houses of tens of millions over the previous few years, however now Amazon has lastly launched a masculine counterpart for it. Amazon is late to this — each Apple and Google have provided completely different voices, each female and masculine, of their digital assistants for years. However late or not, it’s good that Amazon is lastly giving some selection for Alexa.
Along with the 2 predominant Alexa voices, Amazon additionally has celeb voices (proper now you possibly can select between Samuel L. Jackson, Shaquille O’Neal, and Melissa McCarthy). These are programmed to work with sure phrases and reply choose questions — largely alarms and timers, jokes, or climate stories. In addition they price $5 every. Any question to an Echo gadget that’s not supported by the chosen celeb voice will get a response from the native Alexa voice.
There are two methods you possibly can change the voice of Alexa in your Echo gadgets: by way of the gadget itself or by way of the Alexa app. Be aware that altering the voice by way of the gadget was much less dependable for us — the surest solution to do it’s by way of the app.
Altering the voice solely applies to the Echo gadget you’re presently utilizing — if you wish to change to the masculine voice on a number of Echo audio system or shows in your house, you’ll need to do it separately. It’s additionally not doable to vary the Alexa voice utilized by the smartphone app itself; that continues to be the unique, female voice. Hopefully, sooner or later Amazon will add a solution to change it globally for all of the Echo gadgets on an account.
With out additional ado, right here’s find out how to change Alexa’s voice on an Echo gadget:
On an Echo or Echo Present:
- Say the command “Alexa change your voice.”
- When you’ve got multiple Echo, Alexa will ask you to specify the gadget.
- Say the title of the gadget you need to change the voice on.
- Whether it is profitable, Alexa will reply with the brand new voice and ensure that’s the way it will sound going ahead.
- If it doesn’t work, Alexa will say one thing to the impact of “Sorry, [name of your device] doesn’t assist that.”
Within the Alexa app for iOS or Android:
- Faucet on the Gadgets tab on the backside.
- Faucet on the Echo & Alexa button within the high left.
- Faucet on the gadget you need to change Alexa’s voice on.
- Faucet the Settings cog wheel button within the higher proper.
- Scroll all the way down to the choice for Alexa’s Voice and faucet on it.
- Select both Authentic (the female voice) or New (the masculine voice).
Easy methods to use a celeb voice:
- Say “Alexa introduce me to [name of celebrity].”
- Alexa will change over to the celeb voice you’ve chosen and clarify the issues you are able to do with it. If you wish to buy the voice, you can be requested to substantiate the cost to your Amazon account.
- As soon as enabled, you possibly can say “Hey [celeb name]” to wake the Echo gadget. You can too allow the voice on every Echo you need to apply it to. The usual Alexa voice continues to be out there if you happen to use the Alexa wake phrase.