Apple as we speak launched iPadOS 14.7, marking the seventh main replace to the iPadOS working system that got here out in September 2020. Apple already launched iOS 14.7 on July 19, however for some cause, delayed the iPadOS 14.7 debut till as we speak.
The iPadOS 14.7 replace might be downloaded totally free and the software program is accessible on all eligible units over-the-air within the Settings app. To entry the brand new software program, go to Settings > Basic > Software program Replace.
Most iPad fashions are receiving iPadOS 14.7 with a construct variety of 18G69, however the mobile variations of the iPad Air four and the iPad Air eight are receiving updates with a construct variety of 18G70, suggesting iPadOS 14.7 launch was held again to repair a bug affecting these units.
In accordance with Apple’s launch notes for the replace, iPadOS 14.7 introduces an possibility for 2 Apple Card members in the identical household to mix their playing cards, plus it provides new Podcasts choices and fixes a bug that might trigger audio to skip when utilizing USB-C to three.5mm headphone jack adapters. Apple’s full launch notes are under:
iPadOS 14.7 consists of the next enhancements and bug fixes on your iPad:
– Apple Card household provides the choice to mix credit score limits and share one co-owned account with an current Apple Card consumer
– Residence app provides the flexibility to handle timers on HomePod
– Podcasts library permits you to select to see all exhibits or solely adopted exhibits
– Share Playlist menu possibility lacking in Apple Music
– Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback could unexpectedly cease
– Braille shows may present invalid data whereas composing Mail messages
– Audio could skip when utilizing USB-C to three.5 mm headphone jack adapters with iPad
iPadOS 14.7 stands out as the final replace to the iPadOS 14 working system as Apple transitions to engaged on iOS and iPadOS 15, which have been launched this fall. iOS and iPadOS 15 will likely be launched this fall.