Up to date an Apple Watch Sequence Three to watchOS 7.Four is a little bit of a wrestle.
As reported by The Verge, whereas Apple nonetheless sells the Apple Watch Sequence 3, attempting to replace it to the newest supported software program just isn’t an expertise you’ll anticipate from a “present” Apple product.
Usually, updating an Apple Watch is an annoyingly lengthy however simple course of: you cost your Watch as much as 50 p.c, plug it in, and watch for the sluggish means of the replace transferring and putting in to your smartwatch.
However the non-cellular Apple Watch Sequence Three has a tiny 8GB of inside storage, a good chunk of which is taken up by the working system and different crucial software program. So putting in a serious replace — just like the just lately launched watchOS 7.4 — goes one thing like this:
The article goes on to clarify the insanely lengthy means of updating the Apple Watch Sequence Three to watchOS 7.4, which Apple launched to the general public final week:
- Unpair and wipe your Apple Watch to manufacturing facility settings
- Arrange the Apple Watch once more and restore from backup
- Understand you were not supposed to revive out of your backup but
- Watch an episode or two of Brooklyn 9-9 when you watch for the backup to complete restoring
- Begin from the 1st step once more — however as a brand-new Apple Watch, with out restoring from an present backup
- Replace fully recent Apple Watch, which now has sufficient free reminiscence to replace
- Take into account how a lot you really wish to use this face unlocking function everybody retains hyping up within the first place
- Unpair and wipe the Apple Watch a 3rd time
- Restore out of your backup and at last use usually
In accordance with the Apple Help web site, Apple doesn’t supply another choice, together with clearing storage.
And the problem appears to use whether or not you’ve got put in a pile of apps or not. Apple’s help web site does not even advocate that Sequence Three homeowners trouble attempting to clear up area — it simply advocates that they go straight to the aforementioned reset cycle.
It’s clear that, whereas Apple can technically declare that the Apple Watch Sequence Three helps the latest model of watchOS, the method to even replace the software program is clearly displaying the age of the machine. At this level, prospects would more than likely be higher served by buying the extra just lately launched Apple Watch SE.